About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm 40 something and live in Ottawa with my husband. We're from the UK and just spent the last year or so living in Hong Kong. Three very different countries. Right now I'm not sure how this Blog is going to evolve. All I know is that I have missed blogging from my Asia days, so I'm back. My other 2 blogs have felt like they had a distinct purpose, this one feels a bit different. It feels a bit like a blank canvas on which to start writing and just see what evolves, what transpires. This blog is a bit of a magical mystery tour for me. I want to go somewhere but I'm not entirely sure where just yet but perhaps the only way to find out where I want to go is to start moving. In any direction. And see where I end up.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 38

For me, the best thing about having a daily practice is that I get to check in with my body every single day. Not to mention my mind and what sort of thoughts are floating around in there. Not just on the days when I have time to notice or decide to do a yang class because I am feeling strong, or a yin class because I feel the need to go inwards and to be kind to myself, but every day. I have the freedom to choose my practice each day, but in order to do that, I need to be aware of how I am feeling and where I need to be compassionate with myself.  Each time I practice, even if I think I know the answers to these questions at the beginning of my session, by the time I'm done I have usually discovered many new things that I hadn't noticed upon first glance, and I get to leave my mat knowing just a little bit more about myself, in both body and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment