About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm 40 something and live in Ottawa with my husband. We're from the UK and just spent the last year or so living in Hong Kong. Three very different countries. Right now I'm not sure how this Blog is going to evolve. All I know is that I have missed blogging from my Asia days, so I'm back. My other 2 blogs have felt like they had a distinct purpose, this one feels a bit different. It feels a bit like a blank canvas on which to start writing and just see what evolves, what transpires. This blog is a bit of a magical mystery tour for me. I want to go somewhere but I'm not entirely sure where just yet but perhaps the only way to find out where I want to go is to start moving. In any direction. And see where I end up.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 1

Day 1 went well. I got on my mat and stayed there for 2hrs 15 mins. That's a long practice for me! To be clear though, I was following a DVD sequence which I thought was 90 minutes, simply because I read it wrongly, but it was just what I needed. I love Sarah Powers and her Insight DVD. My sequence incorporated some yin, some very conscious and steady yang and finished with meditation. By the time the gong chimed I felt great. Much more relaxed and at ease in my body and rather pleased with myself for achieving so much on my first day.

I already know that I'll probably find it more challenging to get on my mat over the next few days. We have basement renovations going on for the next few weeks. They started today but after my practice had taken place. Tomorrow I have 2 contractors arriving probably around 8am. I've tried the early morning practice but it's really not for me. I need to wake up first, to move around a bit. To allow my body time to wake up naturally. To organise myself, otherwise thoughts for the day will creep in and take over. My favourite time to practice is late morning. Today I achieved that, tomorrow might be a different story though.


1 comment:

  1. Well done for Day 1! Every journey starts with a single step :-) And thank you for sharing yours, helps me think about what steps I need to take in life.

    Its funny how life presents us with the things we need, even when we might have our 'minds' fixed on something slightly different!

    ReplyDelete