About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm 40 something and live in Ottawa with my husband. We're from the UK and just spent the last year or so living in Hong Kong. Three very different countries. Right now I'm not sure how this Blog is going to evolve. All I know is that I have missed blogging from my Asia days, so I'm back. My other 2 blogs have felt like they had a distinct purpose, this one feels a bit different. It feels a bit like a blank canvas on which to start writing and just see what evolves, what transpires. This blog is a bit of a magical mystery tour for me. I want to go somewhere but I'm not entirely sure where just yet but perhaps the only way to find out where I want to go is to start moving. In any direction. And see where I end up.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 14

Yoga by candlelight...sounds romantic...especially on Valentines Day!

Mind you, I have to confess that it was not intentional mood setting by any means, it was purely for practical reasons. Due to home renovations, we've been switching rooms and moving stuff around in preparation for completion. Part of that preparation over the weekend, somehow left my current yoga space without a light and as I have recently got into the habit of practicing late afternoon/early evening, it means that my room is dark...too dark for yoga. However, I do have a candle in there, which after brief consideration, seemed like a perfect solution - and it was!  Once my eyes got used to the subdued lighting, I loved it. It gives the space a real sense of calm, draws attention away from any potential visual stimulus and to be honest, it was more than enough light to do yoga. And, even though I practice listening to my body and moving in a way that feels good for me, I enjoyed the fact that when the candlelight was behind me, it allowed the outline of my body (or more to the point, the alignment of my pose!) to be reflected on the wall in front of me, and I have to say, it helped me self-adjust effectively and guide my body into a stronger pose every time.

Lovely. Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment