About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm 40 something and live in Ottawa with my husband. We're from the UK and just spent the last year or so living in Hong Kong. Three very different countries. Right now I'm not sure how this Blog is going to evolve. All I know is that I have missed blogging from my Asia days, so I'm back. My other 2 blogs have felt like they had a distinct purpose, this one feels a bit different. It feels a bit like a blank canvas on which to start writing and just see what evolves, what transpires. This blog is a bit of a magical mystery tour for me. I want to go somewhere but I'm not entirely sure where just yet but perhaps the only way to find out where I want to go is to start moving. In any direction. And see where I end up.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 9

I've felt tired and restless all day. Concentration has been an issue which is frustrating because I have some assignments to complete at the moment, involving lots of reading, so I need my focus. Not a "productive" day, but otherwise fine, relatively non eventful really, apart from all the noise coming from the basement; workmen...voices and drilling mainly.

I was reluctant to practice today. I'd had plans to go to a new Nia class that I found and was very excited about. Then it started to snow and didn't show any signs of stopping. I haven't quite re-acclimated to the winter weather yet and felt a bit nervous about heading out while it was actively snowing. Nia would have been good for me tonight in this mood - I think it would have lifted me, but instead, faced with defeat on the Nia front, I decided to honour my low energy levels. Restorative would have been good. Being able to let go completely might have helped but all my blankets and bolsters are still on a boat, rather than in my yoga room, and makeshift restorative yoga really doesn't work for me. I need as many props as possible to make it a truly restorative experience! So I went with yin (a routine for the spleen/stomach) and a long savasana. It was challenging today, to be still. Not usually a problem I have, but by the time I re-emerged I'd clocked up a healthy 75 minute practice.

I hope my props arrive soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment