About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm 40 something and live in Ottawa with my husband. We're from the UK and just spent the last year or so living in Hong Kong. Three very different countries. Right now I'm not sure how this Blog is going to evolve. All I know is that I have missed blogging from my Asia days, so I'm back. My other 2 blogs have felt like they had a distinct purpose, this one feels a bit different. It feels a bit like a blank canvas on which to start writing and just see what evolves, what transpires. This blog is a bit of a magical mystery tour for me. I want to go somewhere but I'm not entirely sure where just yet but perhaps the only way to find out where I want to go is to start moving. In any direction. And see where I end up.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 7

Things that were supposed to happen today, didn't. People didn't show up when I was expecting them and things did not get done on time. I struggle with this kind of day but I am learning how to go with the flow and just accept that things don't always go the way you expect them to, or indeed, want them to.  Instead of getting angry and chasing people up, I decided I should just make the best of the peace and quiet and get on with some homework that involves a lot of reading. It was great to have the house completely quiet for that, I always struggle with noisy distractions when I am trying to concentrate. So it seems that although it was not what was scheduled for today, it turned out to be a relatively productive day anyway and I feel good about that.

For whatever reason I was not really in the mood for yoga today, I felt my yoga tank was full, didn't really feel the need for more, but....that's not how it works. So rather than put the kettle on and snack on a biscuit, which is what I really wanted to do, I rolled out my mat and climbed aboard.  Today I did a 75 minute practice consisting mainly of yang postures...lots of sun salutations. I seem to have developed a new relationship with my sun salutation...in a good way. I like it. After about 45 minutes I was feeling tired and things slowed down naturally and concluded with a good long savasana. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment